Day 5 and 6 of creating your vision board
Join Our Podcast HERE
Putting Thoughts into Action
Creative Ways to Create Your Vision Board
Are you stumped on type of vision board you want to create? Maybe you don’t want to randomly throw your images on a plain old white poster board and hope it makes it sense. Your vision board can be any style or design you want. However, if you’re creativity is being a little shy, here are some creative ways you can create your vision board.
Are you the girl who always wears the brightest outfits? Do you like polka dots, flowers, or stripes? Are butterflies or dragons your thing? Whatever your personal style is your vision board should fit it. Vision boards can be as wild, colorful, subdued, or organized as you want.
It doesn’t have to be the typical white poster board, either. Your vision board is yours. It should speak to you in every way.
Not sure what to use and how to make it your own?
Here are a few creative ways to create your vision board.
- Use a sheet of white, black, or brightly colored foam core board as your base material.
- Create sections or spotlighted areas with sheets of colored paper behind your images and words.
- Frame out the words, quotes, and inspirational phrases with strips of paper.
- Add stars, dragonfly stickers, small silk flowers, tiny toys, favorite sayings, or something you love, as an emphasis point.
- Create a vision board on your smartphone using a free photo-editing app and pictures of things you want. Your collage can be any shape with as many images as you want.
- Your board doesn’t have to be a board at all. String a piece of twine along a wall and hang images to it with clips like clothespins or alligator clips.
“Vision without action is merely a dream. Action without vision just passes the time. Vision with action can change the world.” - Joel A. Barker
Creating a vision board is a powerful way to visualize your goals. It’s a fun and creative way to think about how you want to behave and think. Consider who and what you want to become as well as the success you want to achieve. However, all this is just playing if we don’t follow through on the action to achieve the goals.
Oftentimes, people create their goals and get excited about them as they create their vision board. Unfortunately, as time passes, they forget about following through and taking action, as life sometimes gets in the way. They put the board away and forget about their goal.
In fact, according to a University of Scranton study, 92 percent of people who set New Year’s goals never achieve them. That means only 8 percent of people are going to be successful at achieving their goals.
You spent all this time getting clear on your goals, setting your intentions and creating a vision board that showcases what you want to achieve, you want to make the goal a success. So how do you make your dreams a reality?
- How do you use your vision board to help you achieve your dreams?
- Where do you start?
- What actions do you need to take?
It begins with what you do with your vision board once you’ve finished it. Then you need to create a plan on how you will reach your goals as well as getting into the right mindset. You have to hold yourself accountable for taking the steps needed achieve to your goals.
This guide will help you follow through and actually do what you said you were going to do when you created your vision board. Are you ready to achieve your vision board goals?
At the end of the 30 days there will be a post giving you a lot more information on how to action everything. But until then, start creating.
Until next tomorrow
Please comment, like and share