A picture is worth a thousand words - unknown
Are you motivated to take your dreams and desires to the next level? Do you need a real and visual reminder of those dreams and desires? A vision board is important to organizing and utilizing those visuals effectively.
Vision boards are a simple but powerful way to visualize what you want to manifest from your dreams. Many highly successful people, including Oprah Winfrey, have used vision boards for generations.
Jack Canfield, the New York Times bestselling author of the series, “Chicken Soup For The Soul,” has said, “Creating a vision board is probably one of the most valuable visualization tools available to you.”
Vision boards are a way to see and plan what you want your life to be like, the things you want to do, places you want to go and the items you want in your life.
What is a vision board? A vision board is simply a tool you can use to help you clarify and maintain focus on a specific life or business goal. It can be an online collection of images or an actual physical piece with images. The board allows you to display images that represent what you want to do or have or are working toward.
They can be created in a variety of ways including apps and digital images, poster board with pictures cut out of publications or other sources, drawings or phrases or created with online graphics programs like Canva or through Pinterest boards.
The most important thing is that you visualize what is that you would like to create first. That way you are experiencing the feeling of the outcome. If you can hear, see and smell what it is that you are creating in your minds eye, then your senses are completely awakened.
Some examples of what to include on your vision board might be:
- Images of places you want travel
- Pictures of your dream home or car
- Your business goals
- Inspirational quotes
- Thoughts, feelings, emotions
- Anything you love or want to achieve
You can create a vision board for business goals, career goals, or personal goals, or whatever goals you dream of achieving. The boards are versatile and can be used for any topic.
By creating a visual statement of your goals, with pictures and images, you are strengthening your resolve and motivating your emotions. This is because your mind responds incredibly strongly to visual stimulation. According to the law of attraction, your emotions are the vibrational energy that activates the Law of Attraction.
Throughout this report, you’ll discover more reasons to use a vision board to pursue your goals and dreams. You’ll also experience the benefits of using a board and the different types you can create. In addition, you’ll also learn what to include and how to get started creating your own board.
Ready to begin? Let’s get started.
Why a Vision Board is Important
Why do you need a vision board? How important is it for reaching your goals in life, business, and career?
The famous author of a popular personal development book, “Think and Grow Rich,” Napoleon Hill said “Man, alone, has the power to transform his thoughts into physical reality; man, alone, can dream and make his dreams come true.”
He believes our “thoughts are things” meaning it is important to pay attention to your desires and seriously pay attention to them. Whatever you focus on, whether it’s the good or the bad things, it is what you produce more of.
Whatever occupies your mind determines the decisions you make every minute of the day. For example, if you focus on succeeding and achieving every goal you set for yourself, you are more likely to achieve it. On the other hand, if you focus on thoughts of how difficult the work is, how others are luckier than you, or the “nothing ever works out for me” thoughts, then you’ll be less likely to achieve your goals.
That’s where vision boards come in handy. Each board is a visual representation of your thoughts, desires, and goals. They are a tool that can motivate and inspire you to take daily action toward your biggest and most important goals.
- A vision board helps you focus on the direction of your dreams and keeps you motivated to follow through.
For example, imagine you want to change your career to one you love that pays well. Using a vision board, you use images of inspiring quotes from magazines that highlight success and inspire resilience. Then you add images of people in your career interests that are happy and confident. Each time you look at your vision board, you are reminded of your goal as well as what you need to do to achieve it.
- Putting together your vision board forces you to sit and really think about what you want your life to be like. Documenting your wants in a visual way forces you to go beyond just thinking about your goals to actually focusing on them.
- A vision board will help you get unstuck when you get in a rut or everyday life routines get in the way of your dreams. It can help you see what you should be focusing on. They are an effective way to get creative with your time when you’re in a funk or the robotic routines of your life aren’t taking you in the direction you want to go.
- A vision board is your daily visual reminder of your dreams and aspirations. Visualization is a powerful and effective mind trick that you can do to manifest your desire. When you see your vision board every day, you stay on track even when there are setbacks.
- The practice of creating a visual of everything you want has psychological effect. It makes everything in your head seem more manageable. You can see your dream life and how you can achieve it.
- Seeing your goals in a visual image every day gives you a psychological boost. It removes the procrastination and encourages you to keep moving toward your goals.
Creating and using vision boards to reach your goals and desires is an important part of the process of succeeding. Placing on where you see it every day inspires and motivates you to stay on the path towards a life you are fulfilled with.
The Benefits of Vision Board
As you’ve already seen, vision boards are an important part of succeeding in your goals and dreams. However, there are several other benefits to using vision boards as a life goal planner.
Here are five benefits for using vision boards:
- Vision boards increase your chance of succeeding by forcing you to get clear and concise on your goals and wants. Unlike writing vague goals on a sheet of paper, a vision board consists of images and that forces you to be more clear and concise about what you want. So instead of saying you want a better life, you instead find images of exactly what a better life for you looks like.
- Vision boards speak to your emotionally. Seeing your board will passionately see your goals. It can help you course correct when you take a wrong turn. When you are passionate about your goals and can see where you are headed, you are more likely to take inspired action.
- They keep you focused, productive and motivated by creating an emotional connection. If done right, a vision board can motivate you. Instead of just images of what you desire, including the emotions connected to the vision can motivate you. Include the emotions, sounds, sights, and smells associated with certain parts of your vision.
- Vision boards are a fun way to showcase your deepest desires. No one else has to see your vision board so have fun with it. It doesn’t have to be organized, a beautiful or perfectly analyzed. Put your images on the board in any random way that feels good to you. There are no rules on how organized or pretty it has to be. It just has to be an inspiration to you.
- Vision boards help you believe the dream you desire is real and possible. Making what you dream in your mind clearer and more visual makes it feel more attainable since you start to believe you can make it happen. A vision board done right transforms your inner belief system into one that is self-motivated, confident, and positive.
The benefits of creating and using vision boards in your life far outweigh the time it takes to create them. They are a constant reminder of what you really desire your life to be like and a motivation to take the action to achieve your goals.
Vision Board Basics
It’s great to know how a vision board can benefit you, but how do you use them? How can you make one? Are they difficult to create? Will they take a lot of time to create?
Let me assure you, vision boards are easy to make. The tools you need to create a vision board are simple to find. In fact, you probably have most of what you need already. In addition, a vision board can be created in less than a day.
- Begin by getting clear on your focus and your biggest goals. Are you creating an overall board for your life goals? Will you be focusing on business or career goals?
Write down your biggest and most important goals for every area of your life. It can be short-term goals, long-term goals, or a combination of all. Your goals should be your top goals that are motivating to you. Focus on all areas of your life including Wealth, Health, Career, Relationships, Personal (which includes travel and home).
Ask yourself some tough questions about how you want your life to look to help you with your goals. Here are a few to help you get started:
- What do you want your life to look like in the future?
- What words or quotes represent your goal once it’s been achieved?
- Why do you want this goal?
- What do you want to create or what do you want to be known for in the future?
Share, comment and like