Common mistakes on vision boards & ways to improve your life
Join Our Podcast HERE
Previously, we’ve talked about creating a vision board and setting goals. However, did you know that you could make mistakes creating your vision board?
That’s right. You probably thought it’s hard to mess up pasting images on a board. However, if you want your vision board to work for you it needs to have the right elements.
- Let’s start with preparation. Many vision board users don’t plan before creating their board. They should first get very clear on their goals. Then, they need to decide on the goals they really want to manifest first.
- Many users don’t get in the zone before creating their board. They go into it with a logical mindset instead of being open to how the images feel or listening to their instincts on what feels right.
- Some people don’t personalize it. If they are in a partnership, they put images of things they think their partner might want, instead of what will help them achieve their goals. They may even use images they think others want them to use.
- They try to follow some type of rules. There are not set rules. The only thing you should remember when creating your vision board is it is for you, so make it personal.
- They don’t use the board. Instead, they hide it away, afraid some one will see it and laugh or ridicule them. A vision board is a tool to be used in conjunction with a plan of action and taking action to reach your goals.
7 Ways to Improve Your Life
Did you know that you could quickly change the results of how our life is? It comes down to how you think. Your mindset is the first step to improving your life. When combined with desire, planning, effort, and perseverance, your mindset can take you to any level you want to succeed at.
Here are 7 ways to improve your life.
- Face your fears. Conquer them. Get out of your comfort zone and do what you fear.
- Refine your goals. Set higher goals or reach for a higher purpose. Set goals that go beyond what you thought you could do.
- Believe in yourself. Your mindset and beliefs can change everything. Believe in the possibilities. Believe you can learn anything you need.
- Use your willpower to change direction. Don’t keep doing what you’ve been doing if it’s not giving you the benefits you want. Pick a new direction and go that way.
- Stop playing the victim. You have some control over your like at any time. Take responsibility for your life and quit blaming others for your circumstances.
- Stop sacrificing what you want most. When you get what you want right now, it may be satisfying but it is an expense of sacrificing your long-term goals.
- Don’t make excuses. Finding a reason or excuse not to do what needs to be done. Taking ownership of your life is part of improving your life. Understand how you are enabling your current unhappiness.
Conquer this Daily Routine to Meet Your Goals
We all know that daily routines are what get us through our lives. We have eating routines, health routines, family routines, work routines and so many more. To succeed at your goals, you need to create routines as well.
A daily routine of visualizing helps you see where you want to go. When you review your vision board and visualize your future life, you create a constant reminder of what you want to achieve.
This routine helps you program your subconscious mind to keep working on your goals no matter whether you are working other activities or resting. It only takes 10 minutes to do this exercise.
Follow these simple steps to visualize your goals.
Sit calmly in front of your vision board. Gaze at it for 2-3 minutes. Your board should inspire you.
Now close your eyes for 2-3 minutes. Visualize yourself living the life you dream of or achieving the goals you are aiming for I the months to come. Paint a vivid image in your mind. Next, read your goals and affirmations out loud.
Finally, write down 2 or 3 things you are grateful for in your life, which supports your vision. Start by thinking of the little things that you tend to take for granted.
Until next time,
We would love to hear from you, please comment like and share