Vision Board - Day 16 Questions to ask to get clear on your goals
Join Our Podcast HERE
We’ve been talking about getting clear on your goals to help you know what you are working towards. In this post, I wanted to give you some questions to ponder to help you figure out your why.
Once you understand why you’re doing something, you’ll be more motivated to do the work to achieve it. It also helps you determine if you’re headed in the right direction.
- Ask yourself these questions to get you started:
- What do I enjoy and am I good at doing?
- What do I enjoy but could improve on?
- What do I enjoy but can’t do very well at all?
- What bores or tires me?
- What energizes me?
- What do I do that is relaxing?
- How much sleep do I need to function well?
- What distracts me?
- What causes me stress?
- Who are the most important people I have in my life?
- How can I be a better friend or co-worker?
- What do I want less of in my life?
- What do I want more of?
- What scares me and am I afraid to do?
- What thing is the most important in my life?
- What is one habit I want to change?
- What is my definition of success?
- What do I want to accomplish most in the next year?
- What good habit do I have that I can improve on?
Think about each of these questions. Answer them with the first thing that comes to mind. There are no right or wrong answers. You’ll begin to see a pattern. This is your why.
How to Create an Action Plan for your Goals
Today I want to talk to you about how to create an action plan along with your vision board is necessary for the success of your goals.
You can use a planner, your vision board and a journal to help you work out your action plan.
To create an action plan:
Make sure your goals are SMART goals. Set deadlines for your goal. Be realistic in the time frame. But you also want to challenge yourself to get it done as soon as possible.
Work Backwards. Here is where you will begin creating the action steps. List out every single step that has to happen to achieve the goal. What does it take to get from Z-Y? From B-A? Condense it into the order that makes sense.
For example, if your goal is to start a blog in 1 year, your steps might be:
- Think of a blog name and get a domain.
- Set up your blog site.
- Create an editorial calendar.
- Create content.
- Monetize your blog.
- Guest post on x number of websites.
- Grow your email list.
- Grow your social media account to x number.
- Attend blogging conferences.
Follow through with the action. It doesn’t do any good if you create the perfect action plan for your goal if you don’t put it into action!
Have fun Leisa
I look forward to seeing you tomorrow